Here we have an infographic on how you and your loved ones can stay safe over these winter months.
Feel free to share this infographic on your social account or if you want to embed it on your website use the code below.
<a href=”https://www.willowstonecare.co.uk/how-to-keep-safe-over-winter”><img src=”https://www.willowstonecare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/How-to-keep-the-elderly-safe-in-the-winter-willowstone-care-homecare.jpg” alt=”How to keep safe in the winter willowstone care homecare” width=”2100″ height=”5646″ /></a>
Winter Safety Tips For Seniors
- Make sure you get a yearly GP check and Flu Jab
- Have enough stock of your regular medication
- Keep warm and do not go out in the ice/snow – if you need to go out then enlist the help of a family member or friend
- Try and see friends and family to prevent feelings of isolation
- Seek help if required, especially if you care for someone at home, you may also be eligible for funding to help with homecare costs
- Keep your home safe with security measures and use smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Eat a well-varied diet and make sure a stock of food in the house
- Keep fit and active by exercising and making use of free community classes
- Plan ahead and make sure your affairs are in order and speak to a solicitor to make sure your wishes are carried out
- Dress warmly and be prepared for power outages